Sunday, May 24, 2009

Strange May weather brings Starr and blogging together

Wow, LONG time no blog, Starr! Gee, is she ACTUALLY talking to herself?! Yep, definitely need to blog! There's been so much that I've wanted to blog about, but when it came down to actually typing everything up, I was too lazy to...Now I have TONS to write about, yay! I'm wondering if anybody's actually been checking my blog, and sorry if there were never any updates, but TODAY, there will be!

A while back, Tori and I were waiting at the bus stop when we were approached by a middle aged man. He told us that he was a salesperson and was trying to find a specific street. Since we didn't know any nearby streets, Tori suggested that he board the bus with us and as
k the bus driver if he knew where the man's street was. When the bus came, the man boarded without paying and mentioned that all he wanted to know was where his street was, because his instructions had brought him to the wrong place.

The bus driver then proceeded to ask on the
PA whether any of the bus riders knew where the man's street was. This prompted a few riders to pipe up suggestions or comments, but none were of any help. While riders were talking aloud to themselves about whether they knew where the street was, the bus driver had no choice but to move the bus forward.

He then apologized to the man for not being any help and suggested that the man get off the bus before he was taken away even further from his intended destination. The man thanked everybody for their help and stepped off. Tori then puzzled aloud to me about the street name, because she was sure that she had heard of it before.


Obviously, since movie moments are based on real life situations, the next stop that we passed HAD to be the one that the man was searching for. Right after the TTC bus voice announced the street, there was a brief silence before several riders voiced their opinions on how unfortunate/ironic it was. The woman beside me (or was it a man? Can't remember!) then told me how 'she knew all along that the street was nearby, and gosh darn it, why couldn't she have remembered on time?'

Together as a bus, we 'mourned a lost opportunity,' for a chance that could've pointed the man in the right direction...I decided to write about this not because it had a happy ending (because it didn't), but
because it was a moment that brought together so many strangers, people who I will never see again or remember...It's these types of moments that make my head go WHOOSH! =D

Next topic, my brother's girlfriend! So for those who are unaware, I have a 10 year old brother, and for this blog's sake, I'll call him...'my brother' (to keep his identity safe, y'know? ;P). So a while back, when the said brother was being picked up by his baby-sitter from school, the baby-sitter's kids stuck their heads out of the car window and asked the first girl they saw whether she liked my brother.

When she said that she did, choruses of '[brother] and Nicole, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!' could be heard all the way from [...research period] Mauritius. And yes, I just totally Google imaged 'world map' and grabbed the first interesting word I saw!

Anyway, the next day, my brother came home in a depressed mood, not his usual annoying self. When my mom asked him what the matter was, he burst into tears, wailing about how Nicole didn't say hi to him that day. For some reason, although I felt sorry for him, I was also highly amused at his 'broken-heartedness.'


I mean, before that day, neither my mom or I had any clue who Nicole was, but apparently, after being called his girlfriend, he grew feelings for her overnight. It just didn't make sense to me to see a 10-year old boy so devastated over a girl who's not his girlfriend...Can it even be called puppy love?

Argh, lately I've been really 'out of it,' not handing in my hmwk assignments, not trying to DO the hmwk assignments, and worst of all, not caring that I'm not trying to hand in the hmwk assignments.
Compared to the me before all of this, yes I was lazy, but I would kill myself to stay up until 4am the night before to hand in an assignment...For a while, I was worried that I was suffering from some sort of depression, but I only seem to have one or two symptoms, so I guess not?

But this is my last summative week and I HAVE TO hand those in, or else I won't be able to gain back all the marks I lost from those assignments that I didn't do before! Yet, I still haven't touched any work today...Soo many distractions! Hopefully I'll be able to get back on track soon, because the fear of not handing in smtn worth 30% of my term mark scares the HECK out of my Asian side!

So I was worried about nothing because I was just being paranoid but because I'm pretty sure that there's smtn to be paranoid about because of my instincts, I can't help but stay paranoid because I'm Starr. Make sense?

Nah =]

For some bizarre reason, the word 'pumpernickel' amuses me to a great extent. At times, I'll randomly pull that word from my vocab, 'just because.' The image of this German bread isn't that appealing, but the different warm shades of brown are quite aesthetic. Legend has it that when this bread was presented to Napoleon, he refused to eat it, claiming that the bread was "pain pour Nicole," that the bread was unfit for human consumption and that only horses (like those called Nicole) could eat it. Thus the word, pumpernickel. However, it turns out that the word 'pumpernickel' came from an Old German word, pumpern, which means "to break wind" and nickel, which means "demon." In other words, pumpernickel means 'devil-fart bread!' Interestingly enough, I don't think I've ever had pumpernickel before...does anybody know if it actually smells bad? I swear (not literally) that years later, I'll happen to see a picture of pumpernickel bread in 'my photos,' and I'll be wondering, "what the heck is this doing here?!"

3 comments:

Sharon said...

what an interesting story about the ttc! i wish i had awesome movie-scene-like stories like that to regale my blog readers with :(

& YAY i can finally post comments on your blog! :D i don't know why it didn't work before... but it works now!

pumpernickel is one of my favourite breads! but it's so hard to eat, because it crumbles and falls apart so easily :( sigh. you can never have the perfect bread...

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that exact model. The prices for the boots were approximately 340 pounds on every page. But finally I set this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that particular brand. The prices as regards the velcros are all over 180 dollars everwhere. But finally I base this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you tell me about these?